Industry Standards Observed
About This Service
Birmingham Fastener’s in-house testing lab, Birmingham Material Testing Services, ensure our customers have the highest quality products available. Each day, our expert lab team tests all products we manufacture and distribute for tensile strength, hardness, rotational capacity, and more. Our in-house lab has received ISO 17025 accreditation from A2LA. We are ISO 9001-2015 certified at our manufacturing facility as well as our Hanceville Distribution Center. Birmingham Fastener puts a premium on the quality and safety of our products, and we guarantee that our products are the highest quality available.
To ensure that the products we manufacture and distribute meet and exceed all industry standards, we conduct in-house testing in addition to independent third-party testing. Having an in-house testing facility allows us not only to ensure quality, but also allows for faster turnaround on orders. Our in-house lab and testing services save you time and money and guarantees you receive the finest fasteners available.
Testing Services Include
- Hardness (Core and Surface)
- Wedge Tensile (1/2” to 1-1/2” Bolts UNC 2A Threads & 5/8” to 1-1/2” All-thread or Double End Rods UNC 2A Threads)
- Axial Tensile (1/2” to 1-1/2” Bolts UNC 2A Threads & 5/8” to 1-1/2” All-thread or Double End Rods UNC 2A Threads)
- Proof Load (1/2” to 1-1/2” Bolts UNC 2A Threads & 5/8” to 1-1/2” All-thread or Double End Rods UNC 2A Threads)
- Plating Thickness
- Rotational Capacity (1/2” to 1-1/4”)